Tuesday, September 5, 2023

19 Days to Start


I have signed up for the Adventure Cycling Fall Southern Tier trip that will start on September 24th. Time is getting close and I am just trying to get things ready. This will be the third multi-month trip I have been on. I rode the Atlantic Coast in 2011, went from Minneapolis, MN to Portland, Maine in 2019 and have done numerous shorter trips interspersed in there. 

This trip will actually complete my “around the block goal” I have had since 2011. I had a roommate on that trip from the UK named John. He had ridden all around the world and I learned so much from him. I would say that he has been my long-distance touring guru. Anyway, he is the one who put into my head that I needed to consider riding all around the Unites States, or “around the block” as he put it. I have ridden the entire Atlantic and Pacific coasts and across the Northern Tier route in many different trips over the years and I am excited to finally see the Southern Tier.

We have started getting to know our fellow riders. It appears they are all going to be from the US. I was hoping for an international group for the trip, but it will be fun to meet them all.

I am going through the pre-trip anxiety. I just start worrying about the logistics as well as being gone for so long. When I was on the Atlantic Coast about a month in, I began feeling that I have had enough. I know that time will come, but I will do my best to stick it out.

Anyway, this post is just to make sure things can still work on the blog, so I will be back with you all in 19 days. 



No comments:

Post a Comment