Sunday, June 19, 2022

Day 16 - Manchester, CA to Bodega Bay, CA

 Miles 70, Total 706

The day was just as expected.  It really was a beautiful day to ride and the Pacific was just gorgeous all the way and the road climbed and defended many times.  According to my app, there was 5,800 feet of climbing.  It seemed like it.  We would get way above the ocean and the road would plummet to sea level and then you would climb again.

Not too much to report other than that.  I did try and listen to church as I rode.  Our ward is still broadcasting with Zoom, but the audio isn’t that great and much of it I couldn’t understand.

I ended up getting ahead of Tim and Nancy and pretty much rode alone all day.  Ended up eating my lunch in Fort Ross and took a pretty good break there.

We ended up in Bodega Bay and really didn’t have the groceries to cook dinner in the RV nor did we have the energy to cook.  There was a Mexican restaurant close by so we decided to go there.  It was really good.  I had a combination fajita meal which had shrimp, chicken and beef.  It was really good and everyone ate everything on their plate.  I guess we were famished.


Pretty typical view of the day.  This is a picture from one of the high points.


Then you would drop to a scene such as this.

Did see a lot of cattle grazing close to the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment